Name : Dean Bird
Location : South East Queensland, Australia
Hobbies: I enjoy photography, gardening and model trains as items outside of Information Technology.
- Diploma of Information Technology – Software Development
- Dell SAN Management
- Sonicwall NSA
- Xirrus Certified Wireless Technician (XCWT)
- D-Link DCNP (Switching, Security, Wireless, Surveillance), DCNA, DCNE
- VMWare VTSP – IV (Infrastructure Visualization 5)
- VMWare VTSP 5.5
- Microsoft Certified Professional – Small Business Server 2011, Microsoft Licencing and solutions.
- Microsoft Server Platforms (2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, SBS 2003, SBS 2008, SBS 2011)
- VMWare vSphere 4.5, 5.1. 5.5 and VMWare View 4.5.
- EMC SANs and Fibre Storage Area Networks.
- Microsoft Server Applications including Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, MS SQL 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2, Systems Center Configuration Manager, Lync, Sharepoint 2010 and 2012.
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including XP, 2007, Windows 8 and applications such as Office.
- Network hardware including Netgear, Dlink, Sonicwall, Fortigate and Cisco
- Linux and Unix Operating System and applications.
- Network Monitoring and capacity planning.
- Strong Customer Service Skills including being able to communicate complex IT issues to non technical people.
I am passionate about finding suitable Information Technology solutions that provide added value to all situations, from the setup of a home entertainment system to the integration of unified messaging solutions into an organisation to assist with communication workflows I enjoy getting my hands dirty and working with all involved to achieve the best outcome every time.