After planning the content that will be included within your website you will need to decide how you would like your website to look. This process starts by choosing a theme to place over your website. Themes can be changed at any time and allow your Word Press website to take on a new look and feel. The selection of your theme is just as important as the content displayed on your website.
Your layout will ultimately be decided by the theme you select. A number of themes have been preinstalled into the base installation of your Word Press website to help get you started. These sites allow a professional site to be set-up very quickly and with little knowledge of web programming languages.
If you would like a different look and feel to your site, additional themes can be installed from within your Word Press site or from many sites across the internet including the WordPress extend site at http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/
Themes are located within the Appearance section of your WordPress site.
To review, change or install themes located within your Word Press website:
- Log into your Word Press Site
- From the Dashboard click Appearance in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- If not already selected select Themes from the sub menu
- Click Preview on a theme to see what your site would look like if using that theme.
- Click Activate to activate a theme.