I have embarked on setting up my very own home media centre. Over the next little while I will cover the setup and maintenance of the system from start to finish.
The requirements of the system that I wanted are
- Must be cheap
- Must not use pay TV
- Needs to run on old hardware.
- Needs to be able to be accessed remotely to be able to schedule recordings etc.
- Needs to plug into any TV.
- Would be nice to be able to access the content on other devices such as tablets, phones etc.
- Needs to be flexible enough to be able to perform other tasks around my home as required from time to time.
- Parts need to be able to be purchased off the shelf. No soldering!
- Minimal programming.
That’s the challenge. So over the next few weeks I will put together the pieces and try to get it all up and running.